Splunk Enterprise Security

Why are TA-DNSServer-NT6 fields, lookups, and aliases not showing in the Splunk App for Enterprise Security?

jsmith39
Path Finder

Most, but not all of the field extractions, lookups, and aliases created in the TA-DNSServer-NT6 app are viewable when looking through the Search and Reporting application, but not when searching through the Enterprise Security application.

The TA-DNSServer-NT6 sharing is set to Global (everyone-read,admin-write)

Unsure why only a handful of Lookups generated fields are viewable through ES, but everything is viewable through Search&Reporting.

0 Karma

jsmith39
Path Finder

I'm guessing this is some kind of bug with how Enterprise Security ingests applications, if I copy the props and transforms from TA-DNSServer-NT6/local and place them in SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/local then I get all the field extractions, etc that I'm expecting.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...