Splunk Enterprise Security

Capture "Splunk Enterprise Security" Changes

sumanssah
Communicator

Hello All,

Is there is any way to identify "whats all changes performed on Splunk Enterprise Security" .
Example : Change in Correlation Search , Search Name , Description, drill-down search etc.

Trying to capture all kind of changes done by any user in "Splunk Enterprise Security".

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma

sumanssah
Communicator

try this

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd_ui_access method=post uri="*/saved/searches/*" | rex field=uri "\/saved\/searches\/(?P<title>.*?)(?:\/|$|\?)"| eval title=urldecode(title) |convert ctime(_time) as timestamp|stats count by title,user,timestamp,bytes|sort -timestamp | join title[| rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/-/-/configs/conf-savedsearches|stats count by title,search,updated,cron_schedule,"eai:acl.perms.write",disabled]

Schedule this search and save it to a different index and compare it for changes with the latest result.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Everything should be in 'index=_audit' or 'index=_internal source=*search.log'.

If they make a change to a conf file via UI, it will show in _audit. If they send data via email, etc, that would be found in search.log

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Also check out the change analysis datamodel.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...