Splunk Cloud Platform

How to Audit Splunk User Activities?

keperez

Dear Splunk Community,

I have tried somehow to monitor user activities with Splunk. Through the documentation I found that I can analyze it through index=_audit, however, in these records there are activities that I have not carried out directly.

For example, if I apply the query: "index=_audit user=my.user | stats count by user,action" in the last 24 hours, the result will show actions like: edit_local_apps, search, list_workload_pools, list_health, quota, edit_roles, edit_roles_grantable, etc. And of those, the only activity that I performed directly was "search".

Perhaps you know how to discriminate from all the audited actions those that I carried out directly?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...