Security

db connect to Vertica DB error

splunkben
Explorer

I'm having trouble getting splunk dbx app connected to a vertica database. Other db's (netezza, composite, mysql, oracle) working fine. Here's the config I am using in local/database_types.conf

[vertica]
displayName = Vertical
jdbcDriverClass = com.vertica.Driver
defaultPort = 5433
connectionUrlFormat = jdbc:vertica://{0}:{1}/{2}

Note sure for veritca - what to use for the testQuery but I only need read only access to the vertica DB

etc/apps/dbx/bin/lib/vertica_jdbc_driver.jar in place and world readable. java bridge server restarted. verified the user/pass is good and can connect ok to the vertica database outside of spunk.

splunk 5.0.5 with dbx app version 1.1.0 on a single standalone splunk server.

In dbx.log seeing messages like:
2013-10-16 17:30:46.743 dbx1106:ERROR:DatabaseInfoCommand - Error while executing command: Error getting database connection: Could not create a validated object, cause: ValidateObject failed

0 Karma
1 Solution

splunkben
Explorer

Got this working. Added in validationDisabled = true

View solution in original post

0 Karma

splunkben
Explorer

Got this working. Added in validationDisabled = true

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...