Security

How to find max number of concurrent users in a given day on the system? How do I find it for the last 90 days?

gopiz007

For example,
Date Max_No Time

7/2/14 75 13:00:00

7/1/14 66 18:00:00

index=login service=abc | timechart span="1h" dc(memberno) | rename dc(memberno) as users | sort - users | head 1

I want to split the events into bins of 1 hr for each day and find the distinct count of them for each hour. Once I do that I need to find the max for that day(out of the 24 bins).The above query gives me the maximum count for any given day. But I want to extend it to last 90 days. how can I do that? I want to plot a graph for the same.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this:

index=login service=abc earliest=-90d@d| timechart span="1h" dc(memberno) as users | timechart span=1d max(users)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...