Security

Help in identifying the capabilities for REST search to fetch User/Role/App details

harshal_chakran
Builder

Hi all,
I have the below rest searches to fetch the User, Role and Application details, respectively.

• | rest /services/authentication/users
  • | rest /services/authorization/roles
  • | rest /services/apps/local

However, am not able to define the exact read only capabilities for my role to assign, so I can run these searches to get the results.

Below are the capabilities I investigated:
edit_roles
edit_user
rest_properties_get
search

However, am not getting the entire application list as compared to Admin role. Also the edit_roles and edit_user are giving write permission and am looking for read permission only.

Please help.

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

Please check if the answer https://answers.splunk.com/answers/745460/rest-call-in-subsearch.html helps you
The original query is for indexes, but you can put the other REST endpoints change to see if it works.

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

Can you elaborate a little here?
what is the problem you are trying to solve?
What is the outcome / search output you are anticipating?

0 Karma

harshal_chakran
Builder

I have a certain dashboard listing all Splunk users and what role-capabilities are assigned to them. For which I have used the above mentioned Rest API commands.

However the dashboard users are not able to see the results as they don't below capabilities.

edit_roles
edit_user
rest_properties_get
search

If I assign these capabilities to them, then they can delete/update the user-role information from GUI settings, which I don't want.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...