Security

Errno 10055. An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full

nik_splunk
Path Finder

Good morning all.

I'm trying to develop an application using splunk 4.1.1 In order to verify the results of a search, suddenly, while Splunk was executing that search, appeared the following message:

The appserver was unable to connect to splunkd. Check if splunkd is still running. ([Errno 10055. An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full).

By CLI I tried to restart splunk several times but nothing. It seems to be fixed after a reboot of the system. Before to reboot I got also the splash screen "The splunkd daemon is no longer responding and may have crashed. The UI is fine, so check the splunkd.log .

I checked that log and there were errors regarding metedatas processing into the var/log (all regarding csv files):

A couples of errors into splunkd.log as example: 05-02-2010 21:00:39.350 WARN DispatchCommand - could not read metadata file: C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\run\splunk\dispatch\1272826794.2\metadata.csv 05-02-2010 21:01:09.370 WARN DispatchCommand - could not read metadata file: C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\run\splunk\dispatch\1272826261.1\metadata.csv

....web_acces.log also presents this: 2010-05-02 21:25:14,618 ERROR [4bddd197ac23a2ba8] root:120 - ENGINE: Set handler for console events.

Since that search will be potentially used by a large numbers of users does anybody suggest me the meaning of ERRNO10055? On my system (Vista 64,with 4 Giga RAM) was running just Splunk 4.1.1, the antivirus and the OS. There is a workaround to solve that issue without rebooting system? There are other check I should perform to investigate what happens?

Thanks in advance for your help.

nik

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

See the possible solution here:

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/41449/winsock-error-10055

Basically, it's a "too many network connections" issue.

Hopefully you've already solved this!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...