Security

Allow Splunk Server out through firewall.....

LandersFiscal
Engager

Hi guys, my apologies upfront for the question, I've searched and I can't seem to find the answer to this.

I'm putting splunk behind our PCI firewall, I need to know the IP's/Ports are needed for it to get out to function "normally". IE, if I click on the find more apps online, that it can. I can't do an access list with ANY eq 80 or ANY eq 443 I have to have specific IP's. Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Strype
Path Finder

8000, 9996, 8089. The ip will be whatever you assigned your servers, forwarders, peers, etc.

0 Karma

Strype
Path Finder

Splunk web will take the IP of the machine.

0 Karma

Strype
Path Finder

Okay I see. I must have misread. I assumed you were using a distributed architecture and that the firewalls were on the servers.

0 Karma

LandersFiscal
Engager

So that allows the splunk server, to access the community? That looks more like what the hosts use to connect back to the splunk server, correct?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...