Reporting

Why am I getting error "DispatchManager: The user 'admin" does not have sufficient search privileges" after copying custom app from Splunk 4.3 to 6.2?

hartfoml
Motivator

I copied the app from my 4.3 server to my 6.2 server and did the https://MyServer:8000/en-US/debug/refresh

The app was there and now i am getting this kind of error In handler 'savedsearch': Error in 'DispatchManager': The user 'admin' does not have sufficient search privileges

When I run the saved search in the app of in the search app it works so I know I have access to the data but the DispatchManager is not letting the search run in the app.

0 Karma
1 Solution

teunlaan
Contributor

Do you still had a admin user in your config?
We had the same error when updated to 6.2. We have removed the admin account on our systems.

To solve it remove "owner = admin" from the default.meta files

View solution in original post

teunlaan
Contributor

Do you still had a admin user in your config?
We had the same error when updated to 6.2. We have removed the admin account on our systems.

To solve it remove "owner = admin" from the default.meta files

djamieson99
Observer

Hi, 

was wondering if someone could explain the owner = admin removal from default.meta in more detail today. Very new to all of this and trying to problem shoot some issue with BOTS.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...