Reporting

Unable to schedule report using sendmail

Navanitha
Path Finder

My sendmail search is working fine in GUI but when i try to schedule a report with sendmail in my search query, I am not getting any email.
Can someone guide me to fix this?

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Navanitha
Path Finder

index=prod_ironport "client@z.com" "ready" "MID"|stats count | sendemail to="xxx@z.com" from=yyy@z.com cc=www.@z.com format= text inline= true sendresults=true server="our server name"

looks something like this..replaced with dummy mails ids 😉

0 Karma

srinathd
Contributor

when you save your search query "index=prod_ironport "client@z.com" "ready" "MID"|stats count" as a saved search, you can also schedule email alert. you can edit email settings and provide the mail id's there instead of giving them in the search query.

0 Karma

Navanitha
Path Finder

yes I can schedule the email alerts but here my requirement is to change the from address for this particular project. If i have to schedule the email and change the from address in my scrip, that would effect all the email which I don't want. for only this particular query I want the results to be sent with a different from address. Hence I am trying to use "sendmail". Hope you understood my requirement.

0 Karma

srinathd
Contributor

Sendmail command works only in search bar of splunk. check this link http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.3/Alert/Setupalertactions#Configure_email_notificati...

0 Karma

srinathd
Contributor

Can you post your query here. It will help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...