Reporting

How do I generate a report based on date on every Friday?

splunkrocks2014
Communicator

I wanted to generate a summary report for number of saved searches triggered based on the date (as column headers) on every Friday. For instance,

savedsearch_name  05/27/16   06/03/16   06/10/16 
===============   =======    ========  ========
abc                    12          23        42
xyz                    99          12        11

Any clues?

Thanks.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler status!=delegate* | eval day=strftime(dispatch_time,"%A") | where day="Friday" | eval Date=strftime(dispatch_time,"%m/%d/%Y") | chart count over savedsearch_name by Date

Update

This should get you what you want. Summarize weekly execution count and show them on Friday date.

index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler status!=delegate*  | eval _time=relative_time(dispatch_time,"@w+5d")| eval Date=strftime(dispatch_time,"%m/%d/%Y") | chart count over savedsearch_name by Date
0 Karma

splunkrocks2014
Communicator

Sorry, my initial statement is not clear. The query works on the specific Date (or day), but I would like to get the weekly summary reported on every Friday.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Ok.. That will be simpler. Just remoave the day calculation and filter.

index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler status!=delegate*  | eval Date=strftime(dispatch_time,"%m/%d/%Y") | chart count over savedsearch_name by Date
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Select the appropriate time range to select the full week.

0 Karma

splunkrocks2014
Communicator

The summary still shows in a daily basis.

0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @splunkrocks2014 - If the updated answer from @somesoni2 provided your desired result, please don't forget to resolve the post by clicking on "Accept" below the answer. Thank you!

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try the updated answer.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler status!=delegate*  | bin span=1w dispatch_time | eval Date=strftime(dispatch_time,"%m/%d/%Y") | chart count over savedsearch_name by Date
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...