Reporting

Hide table column in inline email table

jamesdsteel
Explorer

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to hide a table column in an inline email table while still retaining the ability to use the hidden column in the email notification tokens.

I want to use the token $result.recipients$ in my "To" field for the email notification, but don't want to display the recipients column in the inline table I'm sending in the email.

Is there a way to remove the column while still being able to use the token? I've tried both table and fields commands to display only the columns I want, but they both completely remove the recipients field from the results so it can't be used in the token..

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

peterchenadded
Path Finder

Looks like if you have fields starting with _ they won't be displayed in the inline table. Tested in splunk 7.3.4

e.g.

| makeresults
| eval _hidden_field="hidden_field"
| eval test="hello world"

The inline table will show:

1. _time

2. test

And you can use $result._hidden_field$ in the to field/subject/message field

View solution in original post

peterchenadded
Path Finder

Looks like if you have fields starting with _ they won't be displayed in the inline table. Tested in splunk 7.3.4

e.g.

| makeresults
| eval _hidden_field="hidden_field"
| eval test="hello world"

The inline table will show:

1. _time

2. test

And you can use $result._hidden_field$ in the to field/subject/message field

jamesdsteel
Explorer

Thanks! Tested and this works a treat.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...