Reporting

Export button not working Help

Ant1D
Motivator

Hey,

I have tried to implement the answer on the following page:

http://answers.splunk.com/questions/925/in-the-titlebar-module-is-it-possible-to-limit-the-list-of-a...

I have an export button now but when I execute a form search and it is completed, clicking on this button displays this message, "You haven't run a search yet. Run one first".

Any ideas of how I can get the export button to work? Could it be the layoutPanel? This is currently set to viewHeader.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Ant1D
Motivator

I have found the solution to this question. The problem was where I placed the ResultsActionButtons module in the XML code. If anyone wants any feedback, add a comment to this page.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Ant1D
Motivator

I have found the solution to this question. The problem was where I placed the ResultsActionButtons module in the XML code. If anyone wants any feedback, add a comment to this page.

0 Karma

Ant1D
Motivator

Thanks for the advice. I will look into it

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It can be a great help to read through the intro pages in the ui_examples app's 'Advanced XML' section. They explain what the containment of modules within modules really "means" and once you are comfortable with that that it gets a lot easier.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...