Reporting

Cannot find user ID with id=-1

wwhitener
Communicator

I am documenting an upgrade and get the following error messages for my saved searches:

could not find user in splunk etc/passwd corresponding to id=-1 from savedsearch: TEST_SAVED_SEARCH ... simply using as is for meta

I've tried manually putting in -1 into the passwd file. I've tried to hunt down the saved search file and nothing appears to be working. I'd like to continue the upgrade, but I can't afford to lose the numerous saved searches and data.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

wwhitener
Communicator

OK. The answer was pretty simple.

Open up the saved search file at /opt/splunk/etc/system/local and change the userid from -1 to 1.

I'd guess it was because I created them using the free version?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

wwhitener
Communicator

OK. The answer was pretty simple.

Open up the saved search file at /opt/splunk/etc/system/local and change the userid from -1 to 1.

I'd guess it was because I created them using the free version?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...