Monitoring Splunk

Monitor Concurrent Searches

aferone
Builder

Every once in a while, we will get this message, and I understand it.

I would like to run a periodic search, add it to a summary index, and chart against it so that I can see when it happens historically.

I have read through some of the answers here, but I am wondering if there is just a Splunk search that will spit out the number of concurrent searches happening at that time. Does that exist? Since the error shows a number, I am assuming it is possible?

Thanks!

alt text

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try something like this

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd source=*metrics.log group=search_concurrency "system total" 
        | timechart max(active_hist_searches) as "Historical Searches" min(active_realtime_searches) as "Real-time Searches" by host
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...