Monitoring Splunk

Has anyone Splunked IBM SAN Volume Controller Logs?

yazapage
Explorer

We have IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC) version 6.4.1 and are looking to monitor the logs. Has anyone set up Splunk to monitor and IBM SVC? I'm trying to figure out how to get to the logs real-time for alerting.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

JSapienza
Contributor

Our SVC is using SYSLOG . Our SYSLOG-NG server is a heavy forwarder and send specific events to Splunk.

0 Karma

yazapage
Explorer

API and possibly a management server. I'll need to look into SYSLOG avaialability. I'm new to SVC so I am not positive of the options. Thanks

0 Karma

bmacias84
Champion

What your available methods? SNMP TRAPS, SYSLOG, API, OR Management Server. If SYSLOG is available added Splunk as a reciepent, management server write some SQL queries, SNMP TRAPS configure Splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...