Knowledge Management

Is this possible -- summary index replication in indexer cluster

kml_uvce
Builder

Can we do summary index replication in indexer cluster by using replication_factor and search factor

0 Karma
1 Solution

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

All indexes, including summary indexes are included in replication as long as you have the repFactor=auto in the indexes.conf, either under the default stanza, or per the named index.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lfedak_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @kml_uvce, if they solved your problem, please don't forget to accept an answer! You can upvote posts as well. (Karma points will be awarded for either action.) Happy Splunking!

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

All indexes, including summary indexes are included in replication as long as you have the repFactor=auto in the indexes.conf, either under the default stanza, or per the named index.

0 Karma

Steve_G_
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This topic in the documentation discusses how summaries work in indexer clustering, with information on how to replicate summaries:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.3/Indexer/Clustersandsummaryreplication

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...