Installation

Why am I getting this error trying to add a new license? "In handler 'licenses': web_1466081763.85.lic: failed to add, stackid=lite maps to invalid gid"

pkasper
Explorer

Hello,

We are a Splunk Partner. We had a 5gig license that expired and a new one emailed. When I try and add the new one, I get the following error.

Bad Request — In handler 'licenses': web_1466081763.85.lic: failed to add, stackid=lite maps to invalid gid 

It is Splunk 6.41

Thanks,
Peter

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

pkasper
Explorer

I'll answer my own question. The license generated for us was the wrong type, it was for Splunk Light not Splunk Enterprise, hence the error "stackid=lite".

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pkasper
Explorer

I'll answer my own question. The license generated for us was the wrong type, it was for Splunk Light not Splunk Enterprise, hence the error "stackid=lite".

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...