Installation

Splunk 6.1.1 RPM is not relocatable, unlike previous versions

agoktepe
Engager

On our servers we need to use the --prefix option when installing Splunk from RPM packages. This has been working with 6.0.x but it does not work with 6.1.1:

$ rpm --prefix=/home/foo -U splunk-6.1.1-207789-linux-2.6-x86_64.rpm
warning: splunk-6.1.1-207789-linux-2.6-x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 653fb112: NOKEY
error: package splunk is not relocatable

I would prefer to continue using the RPMs, so is there a way this capability can be added back in the latest version?

Tags (2)

wendy_novandi

Hi there i just wondering is the support gave a solution? since i had a same issue with 6.1.1 rpm installer

0 Karma

dmaislin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In the meantime I suppose you could download the tar.gz image and work with that since the RPM is having issues.

0 Karma

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would recommend a support case on this -- especially if you have Enterprise support.

HansWurscht
Path Finder

When will this regression be fixed? Will it be in 6.1.2?

0 Karma

jrodman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

To add to this, we will treat this as a regression and resolve. Our releases team is doing some long-needed work to modernize package creation, and unfortunately this is an oversight.

agoktepe
Engager

Thanks! I was able to get someone here to file a support case (#168618)

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...