Installation

Python for Scientific Computing Add-on for Splunk Docker on Mac M2

circlecreek
Engager

When trying to run the ML demos on my Macbook M2 running Splunk in a docker env I get the following error in the middle of the display:

Error in 'fit' command: Failed to find Python for Scientific Computing Add-on (Splunk_SA_Scientific_Python_linux_x86_64)

After having installed both Linux x64 (yes it also runs fast in Rosetta 2) + the mac_Silicon one and restarted the server, the error still remains.

Any help appreciated

Thank you

Labels (1)

circlecreek
Engager

Alright,

For those having the same problem and monitoring evolutions in replies, here is the tip:
1. Remove the Add-on for ARM64 + assert from shell (no PSC add-on when ls -l of $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps)

2. Install the Add-on for x86_64

3. Restart the Splunk instance (UI or CLI)

The problem was simply that for M2-running Splunk instance (using Rosetta 2) necessitates x86_64 libraries for Python. Installing the ARM64 ones don't help. BUT installing the x86_64 without removing first the ARM64 won't help.

I hope this will help other M2-Splunk fellows.
Good luck 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...