Installation

License said to be invalid after update to 5.0

RVDowning
Contributor

I raised a ticket with support but can't seem to get a response from them. I upgraded from 4.3.1 to 5.0 and am now told that the license status is Expired and the type is download-trial.

Don't know why Splunk can't recognize that a license already exists. Is there any procedure for getting this to work, or do I just have to hope that Splunk support people contact me some time?

Tags (4)
0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This support case has been take care of.

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

what is the case # ?

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What does "splunk list licenses" show? If you have purchased a license, it should be part of the license stack (even if it's expired).

What is the output of "splunk cmd btool server list license" ?

It could simply be a matter of selecting the appropriate license type via the UI (to update the server.conf) to get it working again.

0 Karma

RVDowning
Contributor

Output of splunk cmd btool server list license shows:
active_group = Enterprise
connection_timeout = 30
master_uri = self
receive_timeout = 30
send_timeout = 30
squash_threshold = 1000

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...