Installation

Is it possible to calculate the license usage for specific events?

HeinzWaescher
Motivator

Hi,

is it possible to calculate the license usage in GB grouped by specific events?
Let's say I want to know the usage by the parameter eventName. If no eventName is set, I want to use the sourcetype.
So the result should be a calculation grouped by fieldA=coalesce(eventName, soucetype)

Thanks in advance
Heinz

Labels (1)
0 Karma

hardikJsheth
Motivator

You can use following query if you want to get details by index name

index=_internal source=*license_usage.log* type=Usage pool="auto_generated_pool_enterprise" | eval GB=b/1024/1024/1024  | stats sum(GB) AS UsageGB by idx | rename idx as Index | eventstats sum(UsageGB) as TotalUsage | eval UsageGB = round(UsageGB,0) | table Index UsageGB | sort -UsageGB | head 10

If you want data via sourcetype, you can use following query:

index="_internal" source="*metrics.log" group="per_sourcetype_thruput" | chart sum(kb) as UsageGB by series | eval UsageGB=round(UsageGB/1024/1024,0) | rename series as SourceType | sort -UsageGB | head 10

I am not sure how you can use event name.

niketn
Legend

@HeinzWaescher, check out Meta Woot App on Splunkbase. It has a demo video as well. It may be the app that you need: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2949/

Following is its description:

The app maintains a near real-time
state table of host, sourcetype and
index metadata. Meta Woot! is accurate
at scale and allows users to instantly
report on host, sourcetype and/or
index together. The app includes
summary based event count trending,
correlation of event volumes against
license and includes compliance
reporting on both data latency and
indexing.

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...