Installation

How to calculate the usage per day for a trial license?

pdash
Path Finder

I am trying to calculate the license usage per day with the following query

index=_internal source="*license_usage.*" earliest=@d 
| eval MB=round(b/1024/1024,1) 
| eval License_Percent_Usage=round(MB/500 * 100,1)
| TABLE MB License_Percent_Usage date_mday host

This is for trial license so we have 500 MB limit. The result shows me:
that my license usage volume MB is 29000.1 while in Manager/Licensing i see the volume as 3019 Mb. How do I get that exact volume?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)

pahujadeep
Explorer

Here, try this to get licence usage and % usage for today

index=_internal source=license_usage.log type="RolloverSummary" earliest=@d | bin _time span=1d | stats latest(b) AS b latest(stacksz) AS stacksz by slave, pool, _time | stats sum(b) AS volumeB max(stacksz) AS stacksz by _time | eval pctused=round(volumeB/stacksz*100,2)

change earliest=@d to earliest=-30d@d to check for last 30 days and so on.

0 Karma

dbcase
Motivator
index=_internal source="*license_usage.log" type=RolloverSummary | timechart span=1d sum(b) AS DailyVolume | eval DailyVolume=round(DailyVolume/1024/1024/1024,2) | eval License="5"
0 Karma

Takajian
Builder

The license usage of splunk 5.0 is compatible with 4.3, not 4.2. The search to check license usage will be following. Could you try it? I think your search result may be including summary indexed data volume.

index=_internal source=*license_usage.log type=Usage | eval GB=b/1024/1024/1024 | timechart span=1d sum(GB) by pool

The following site is also helpful. Please take loot at it.

http://wiki.splunk.com/Community:TroubleshootingIndexedDataVolume

DaveSavage
Builder

I found that wiki reference and link v useful, thanks for posting it Takajian.

0 Karma

pdash
Path Finder

splunk 5.0

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

The way that this is logged has changed dramatically across Splunk versions. What version are you running?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...