Getting Data In

csv file could not be read.

pallavibalasa
Explorer

I created a csv file and placed in splunk/var/run/splunk/csv/ folder and using the command |inputcsv filename.csv

I am unable to get the results. It says file could not be read. I have not applied any restrictions to the file. Please provide me with detailed steps on what to check .
I guess I am missing something here.

Regards,
Pallavi

0 Karma
1 Solution

pallavibalasa
Explorer

This issue is solved. I changed the permissions of the folder in which the file resides. Now i can read and write to the file.

Thanks for all responses.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pallavibalasa
Explorer

This issue is solved. I changed the permissions of the folder in which the file resides. Now i can read and write to the file.

Thanks for all responses.

0 Karma

vasanthmss
Motivator

Place it in $splunk_home/etc/apps/search/lookup/

Run csv folder is for outputcsv

web ui to import and check where the files are imported. Why do you want to place the field in run - csv??

For further details check the below URL,
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.2/Knowledge/ConfigureCSVlookups

V
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Check the permission of the file. Make sure that the file exists and is readable by the splunk user

---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma

vivek_manoj
Explorer

In this you have to map the field name in the csv file with the field name you want to .
For ex. use
sourcetype=abc|lookup filename.csv field1=FIELD1 field2=FIELD2....

It is created before using lookups command.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...