Getting Data In

Why is a specific file type still being indexed with my inputs.conf whitelist configuration?

mlaufenb

Here's my stanza:

[monitor:///opt/stash/logs/]
blacklist = \.gz$
disabled = false
followTail = 0
index = stash_pp
sourcetype = log4j
whitelist = (*access\.log$|*stash\.log$|*mail\.log$|*profiler\.log$|*debug\.log$|*plugin\.log$|*codesearch\.log$|\.out$)

I'm getting this file type atlassian-stash-access-2015-08-31.0.log which should have been excluded with the whitelist specification. Is there something wrong with the syntax?

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

The proper regular expression for the whitelist is

whitelist = (.*access\.log$|.*stash\.log$|.*mail\.log$|.*profiler\.log$|.*debug\.log$|.*plugin\.log$|.*codesearch\.log$|\.out$)

The * alone just means "match an asterisk" in regular expressions. While Splunk does sometime allow a mix of globbing and regular expressions, don't do it here...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...