Getting Data In

What is wrong with my inputs.conf eventcode blacklist?

splunkIT
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I have setup the following inputs.conf stanza
:

[WinEventLog://Security]

disabled=0

current_only=1

blacklist1=EventCode=4662 Message=”Object Type:\s+(?!groupPolicyContainer)”

but these events are still showing up in splunk when I search , what is the issue here?

I am using windows universal forwarder 6.1.1 and the latest windows-TA

0 Karma
1 Solution

kserra_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The issue here is that the EventCode=4662 needs to be surrounded by some sort of delimiter , per the following in inputs.conf

In key/regex formn, the first character of the regex is the delimeter. Valid regexes look like:
%regex% regex "regex" etc. The only restriction is that the delimiter cannot be within the regex itself.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1/Admin/Inputsconf

So if you instead add a delimiter , EventCode="4662" this will resolve the issue

blacklist1=EventCode="4662" Message=”Object Type:s+(?!groupPolicyContainer)”

should work

View solution in original post

kserra_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The issue here is that the EventCode=4662 needs to be surrounded by some sort of delimiter , per the following in inputs.conf

In key/regex formn, the first character of the regex is the delimeter. Valid regexes look like:
%regex% regex "regex" etc. The only restriction is that the delimiter cannot be within the regex itself.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1/Admin/Inputsconf

So if you instead add a delimiter , EventCode="4662" this will resolve the issue

blacklist1=EventCode="4662" Message=”Object Type:s+(?!groupPolicyContainer)”

should work

splunkIT
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks bro. That did it for me.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...