Getting Data In

Unable to re-index all data

Deecie
Explorer

I'm trying to re-index some old data now that I've changed what index it goes into and

The data comes in from a UF that monitors two files.

These are the steps I took:

• Stopped the forwarder
  • Ran this on the indexer:

* | DELETE

• ran this on the forwarder; my understanding is that it should clear the _fishbucket index:

splunk clean all

• made my config changes
  • started the forwarder

I'm now seeing data come correctly into the new index with the new source types, but there's no retrospective data - only new incoming data. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

neelamssantosh
Contributor

We can re-index the data by modifying first line of the log file with some comments.
eg: #Re-index
so that crcSalt doen't match with other files and it re-indexes your data.

Hope it can help you.
All the best

0 Karma

cramasta
Builder

does each event in your log file have a timestamp?

0 Karma

Deecie
Explorer

Unfortunately not. All the data I index has the indexing date as its time stamp. I've tried setting up a props.conf entry to specify the timestamp format for this sourcetype but it had no effect.

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Did your resolution for your other issue solve this problem as well?

0 Karma

Deecie
Explorer

Yep, every line.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...