Getting Data In

Save token values so they can persist beyond session timeout

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have a dashboard, where I can select a number of items from a list of many thousand. These selected items are added to build a token used as search criteria for subsequent searches and are used to drive dependent panels in the dashboard.

If I leave the browser and the Splunk session times out and I log in again, those token values are lost, so I have to start again to select those items I want to see.

What I want is to be able to persist those token values, e.g. to a csv, and to use load them or clear them based on a checkbox input or something like that.

Any idea how I can write tokens to a csv?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

Refer to Splunk KVStore tutorial... http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-tutorials/SP-CAAAEZT

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

Refer to Splunk KVStore tutorial... http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-tutorials/SP-CAAAEZT

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you convert it to an answer and I'll accept it.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@bowesmana... glad it worked. 🙂

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks for that, I've always wondered how to use kvstore. Tutorial has a slight difference for 6.6, but works.

I am not keen to have to use Javascript and html dashboards, but I've got inputlookup/outputlookup working to the kvstore as a principle, so should be able to work those into the existing dashboard.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...