Getting Data In

REST API search issue in Postman

gartnerj
Explorer

I have the Authorization figured working, but every time I run a search, I get the following error:
(NOTE the AAA/BBB/nnn stuff is just to mask actual values in this post)

<messages>
        <msg type="DEBUG">Configuration initialization for /var/splunkhot/splunk/etc took 112ms when dispatching a search (search ID: 1556216662.24755_33CF52FC-F282-491A-875E-F8EC1EB01F4C)</msg>
        <msg type="DEBUG">Invalid eval expression for 'EVAL-url_length' in stanza [pan:threat]: The expression is malformed. Expected LIKE.</msg>
        <msg type="DEBUG">base lispy: [ AND host::AAAAAAA source::/app/jboss/BBBBBB/log/server.log ]</msg>
        <msg type="DEBUG">search context: user="nnnnnnn", app="search", bs-pathname="/var/splunkhot/splunk/etc"</msg>
    </messages>

The actual search I have in the body of the POST is:

search=search+host%3DAAAAAAA+source%3D%2Fapp%2Fjboss%2BBBBBB%2Flog%2Fserver.log+%7C+search+ERROR+earliest%3D-4h

I've even done just a SIMPLE search:

search=search+host%3DAAAAAAA

and I STILL get an error.

Any ideas what the issue is??

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...