Getting Data In

Problems using REST interface with browser over tunneled ports?

mdwecht
Path Finder

I successfully ran the following KV Store Tutorial (HTML dashboard code) on a firefox browser self contained 6.4.1 Splunk Enterprise instance on my Windows 8.1 laptop with the standard Splunk default ports for web, mgmt, app server, and kvstore.

http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-features/SP-CAAAEZ2

Now I am trying to use the same code with a firefox browser running on a Windows 7 box with tunneled ports via Puttty to a remote Centos box running a Splunk Enterprise 6.4.1 instance. The Splunk instance is configured to use ports other than the default ports. The web tunneled port is working because I can login to Splunk and bring up the HTML dashboard. When I attempt to click the submit button to generate a REST POST request to save fields to the KV store I get a Splunkd is not available error in the browser debugger. I attempted to modify the JavaScript code to change the mgmt port to the actual configured port but the port being included in the REST POST request as I view it in the browser debugger is still the default port. Am I missing something here?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I added tunnels for the web, mgmt, and kvstore just to be safe.

On another note: When I changed the ports on the standalone laptop Splunk instance to match the Centos Splunk instance the app ran with out any changes to the JavaScript.

0 Karma
1 Solution

mdwecht
Path Finder

There was a syntax error somewhere in the JavaScript, some missing punctuation. It can be difficult to find problems like these.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mdwecht
Path Finder

There was a syntax error somewhere in the JavaScript, some missing punctuation. It can be difficult to find problems like these.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...