Getting Data In

Perfmon sending logs to the wrong indexer

splunktrainingu
Communicator

I have a single instance deployment. I have a server that is sending Perfmon logs to my main index but I never told it to send those logs. Where do I check those settings? I want to keep it sending logs but to the correct index. So I made a perfmon index but I cannot find where on the server this configuration files is. I checked etc/system/local couldn't find anything.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

splunktrainingu
Communicator

I was able to find that there was an application called Splunk TA (splunkuniversalforwarder/etc/apps) which resided on that machine simply deleted it because I know I do not have this on my fresh install of Splunk so it won't be pushed out again also checked my deployment server and made sure it is none existent there.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

splunktrainingu
Communicator

I was able to find that there was an application called Splunk TA (splunkuniversalforwarder/etc/apps) which resided on that machine simply deleted it because I know I do not have this on my fresh install of Splunk so it won't be pushed out again also checked my deployment server and made sure it is none existent there.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...