Getting Data In

Maximum header length

mruge

I am importing a large CSV (esxtop output). I set the truncate limit to 0 and was able to get the data in. However I am unable to get spliunk to parse the header. manually setting the FIELDs in Props didn't work, and when i let it automatically attempt i get the following

ERROR StructuredDataHeaderExtractor - Accumulated a line of 512256 bytes while reading a structured header, giving up parsing header

Is there a way to allow it to parse a larger header line?

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Sorry, are you saying you have a csv with a half million byte header? That's...just not reasonable.

0 Karma

juliorubio

Hello!

I have exactly the same problem, TRUNCATE = 0 por the new csv-long source type, but the header is still too long:

04-21-2020 10:59:55.611 +0000 ERROR StructuredDataHeaderExtractor - Accumulated a line of 540672 bytes while reading a structured header, giving up parsing header

Such a long lines CSV are generated in my case by the esxtop tool by vmware.

Any clue?

Thanks!

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

no divide?

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Hi,

Did you try changing following setting in limits.conf:
[kv]
limit = 300

Refer following doc:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/6.6.3/Data/Extractfieldsfromfileswithstructureddata...

0 Karma

mruge

I have the following in c/Program Files/Splunk/etc/system/local/limits.conf

[kv]
limit = 10000000

01-22-2018 12:13:01.183 -0500 ERROR StructuredDataHeaderExtractor - Accumulated a line of 589824 bytes while reading a structured header, giving up parsing header
01-22-2018 12:13:01.191 -0500 WARN CsvLineBreaker - CSV StreamId: 9780662374608211335 has extra incorrect columns in certain fields. - data_source="D:\example_data\baseline.csv", data_host="", data_sourcetype="esxtop_source"

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Did you restart splunk service?

0 Karma

mruge

yes, i run the following between all changes

c:\Program Files\Splunk\bin>splunk.exe stop
c:\Program Files\Splunk\bin>splunk.exe clean eventdata -index esxtop
c:\Program Files\Splunk\bin>splunk.exe clean eventdata -index _thefishbucket
c:\Program Files\Splunk\bin>splunk.exe start

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...