Getting Data In

How to write dynamic rest api script in Shell??

pal_sumit1
Path Finder

Hi All,

I was writing one script in shell for getting data though rest api .

Below is the connect of the script
`#!/bin/bash

remove old files from driectory

rm /opt/splunk/etc/apps/HUM_QA_FIREEYE_INPUTS/bin/fireeye_alert.json

date_time=$(date +'%Y-%d-%m''T''%H'':00:00.000')
retieve data for fireeye_alert
curl -s -X POST -k -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -H "x-fireeye-api-key:some_unique_value" https://abc.com -d '{"fromLastModifiedOn":"$date_time","size": 10}' >> /opt/splunk/etc/apps/HUM_QA_FIREEYE_INPUTS/bin/fireeye_aler`

Here , I have scheduled this script to run every hour and every time it run , it will create a new date_time value which we need to give in the curl command as argument . The problem is , I am not getting any data if I use this script . There is some error with fromLastModifiedOn coming.

ERROR :
{
"message": "Incorrect request params: fromLastModifiedOn. Enter the valid request params and without any space"
}

thanks in advance.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is the fire eye API telling you that fromLastModifiedOn is invalid OR its value is invalid.

This is a splunk forum, so I recommend you post this to fire eyes community instead. You might find expertise here or you might not.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...