Getting Data In

How to map a custom App on a search head to a Remote Index on a indexer which is a separate physical server in a unclustered distributed deployment?

samhodgson
Path Finder

Hi,

I've created a custom app on my search head and want to map it to an index on my indexer which is a separate physical server in a distributed deployment(not clustered).

I am editing the indexes.conf in the app and dutifully pointing the homepath to $SPLUNK_DB/appname/db, however, it's not on the local filesystem. Does Splunk handle $SPLUNK_DB and realize this actually resides on a remote server? I haven't set $SPLUNK_DB in splunk-launch.conf so I believe it will default to $SPLUNK_HOME/var/lib/splunk which is a local path. Also nothing set in sys env vars.

env | grep SPLUNK
SPLUNK_HOME=/opt/splunk
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...