Getting Data In

How to execute perl script in splunk

abhayneilam
Contributor

Hi,

Please help me to execute my perl script through splunk. I dont know where to keep that script and how to execute. Kindly show me only example with one perl script..

Thanks

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

I'd be thrilled to hear what you're trying to do - it's always a challenge to see if there IS a way to do it in Splunk after all (there often is) 🙂

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe what you want is to run an alert action. Schedule the search for the data you want sent to the script. Make an alert action that runs a script. The arguments are sent to the script and you can parse it at will from there.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0/Alert/Setupalertactions#Run_a_script

abhayneilam
Contributor

I want to make some report, which I am not able to make through the commands available in splunk, that's y want to write a perl script so that its output can be my desired result ..

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Please give more information. What do you want to execute and when? Are you looking to implement a custom search command or do you want to use a script when an alert triggers, or something else entirely?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...