Getting Data In

How to create lookup without header?

rayar
Contributor

Hi

I am going to create a DC list lookup daily using nslookup

how I can I define the lookup without a header  or I should create a header manually  ? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @rayar,

no you have only to create your lookup and the Lookup Definition (don't forget it!) and then save the nslookup command output in it.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @rayar,

no you have only to create your lookup and the Lookup Definition (don't forget it!) and then save the nslookup command output in it.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

rayar
Contributor

How I can define that the lookup doesn't have a header  and the first line is a value  ?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @rayar,

how do you think to populate the lookup, using a search or a script?

is using a search, at the end of the search (before the outputlookup command) you'll use the table command listing all the fields that are the output of your search, this will be the header for your lookup defining the lookup fields list.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...