Getting Data In

How long does it take after creation of SID using RestAPI to get the actual result?

filterkapi

I run an api to create a sid. I immediately run another api to pull the results as a csv file. There is a wait time required between these two api calls. At least a wait of 5 seconds is required. This 5 seconds does not work all the time and sometimes it is a bit longs and sometimes it is a bit faster.

Is there a way that I can run these two api's in one shot and get the results?,First I create the SID and then I need to wait (Thread.Sleep(5000)) for at least 5 seconds before I hit the next api to pull the results as a csv. Now this 5 seconds is not a constant. I need a way to get the search results as a one api call or a way to know how long will it take to wait between the two api calls.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...