Getting Data In

How do I remove a host from splunk, i want to delete a server that is forwarding entirely

sfunk

How do I remove a host from splunk, i want to delete a server that is forwarding entirely

Tags (2)
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

First of all, stop the forwarder so that it doesn't send more events.

Secondly, delete the events. Then, this answer might be of interest to you. http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/1630/how-do-i-delete-all-references-of-a-host-so-it-stops-show...

sfunk

Attached is a screenshot, the host I want to remove is CBT-HD

0 Karma

sfunk

Please bare with me I'm a splunk rookie, I currently have a Windows server with a forwarder installed on it sending data to my spunk server, I just want to remove the server that is forwarding data to splunk from the host list in splunk itself, I wish there was a easy was to just hit delete etc in the host list, is there a specific cmd I need to run and if so how and from where? Thanks

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

It's hard to give a meaningful answer with so little detail in your question. Please take some time to describe your issue more accurately. What is the current situation, what is the desired situation?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...