Getting Data In

How can I display zero-value/empty time when using stats?

knarayana

Search:

index=* | bin span=1d _time | convert ctime(_time) as Time timeformat=%m/%d/%y |stats  count(eval(searchmatch("(match1)")))  count(eval(searchmatch("(match2)"))) by Time

The query doesn't give me the days that have zero value.

How can I get the stats for every day? And it should show me zero if it is zero on that particular day.

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

sbbadri
Motivator

index=* | timechart span=1d count(eval(searchmatch("(match1)"))) count(eval(searchmatch("(match2)"))) | eval _time=strftime(_time,"%m/%d/%Y")

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Use timechart (which creates empty slots by default), like this:

index=*
| timechart span=1d count(eval(searchmatch("(match1)"))) AS match1 count(eval(searchmatch("(match2)"))) AS match2
| rename _time AS Time
| fieldformat Time=strftime(Time, "%m/%d/%y")
0 Karma

sbbadri
Motivator

index=* | timechart span=1d count(eval(searchmatch("(match1)"))) count(eval(searchmatch("(match2)"))) | eval _time=strftime(_time,"%m/%d/%Y")

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...