Getting Data In

Exchange Servers: Retention Poilcy

leecwise23320

I am working on a Exchange 90 day retention email policy report. I looked at the policy on Exchange 2010 and powershell and it is easy. However, I am not as verse from SPLUNK side of the house. I know that you can install powershell with SPLUNK but we will not install the add-in. Also I do not have permission for the splunk .config to add the script. My question, is there a way how to get the Exchange 90 day (emai) retention?

Thanks.

LC

0 Karma
1 Solution

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Retention in Exchange is set by policy, not reported. Splunk does not assist with adjusting policy - only on reporting on the system.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Retention in Exchange is set by policy, not reported. Splunk does not assist with adjusting policy - only on reporting on the system.

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you aren't allowed to use PowerShell, then this functionality is not available to you.

0 Karma

leecwise23320

I am not adjusting the policy. What I want to do is find the policy and report it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...