Getting Data In

Error configuring Hadoop Connect on Windows.

billfriese
Explorer

I installed HortonWorks and the latest version of Splunk on the same Windows 2008 Server VMWare machine. Within Splunk Web, I installed the latest Hadoop Connect for Windows. When I add a new HDFS Cluster, it is telling me that it "Cannot find Java command under bin directory JAVA_HOME='C:\java\jdk1.6.0_31\'. I know this is the correct directory for I can navigate to that directory on that machine and that directory does have a 'bin' directory with all the java executables. I also tried to reformat the JAVA_HOME entry field to be any of the following:
C:\java\jdk1.6.0_31
\java\jdk1.6.0_31
\java\jdk1.6.0_31\
C:/java/jdk1.6.0_31/
C:/java/jdk1.6.0_31
/java/jdk1.6.0_31
or
/java/jdk1.6.0_31/
and it still gives the same error.

What am I to enter to make this work?
Thanks, Bill.

0 Karma

techdiverdown
Path Finder

In the configuration section you should have the following:

• namenode (x.x.x.x:8020) where x.x.x.x is your namenode ip
  • hadoop home (/opt/hadoop-2.2.0 on my centos box, this is the base directory where your hadoop client is installed)
  • java home (/usr/local/java/jdk1.6.0_31/ for me, your should be something like this:
  • C:\Program Files\Java\jre or wherever you root java install is.
0 Karma

slierninja
Communicator
0 Karma

billfriese
Explorer

I did as instructed.
UDFS URI: 192.168.195.130:8020
HADOOP_HOME: C:\hdp\hadoop-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009
JAVA_HOME: C:\java\jdk1.6.0_31
Namenode HTTP Port: 50070

The above directories are correct for I tested them in a Command Prompt and the HDFS URI is correct for the following works:
hadoop fs -ls hdfs://192.168.195.130:8020/

The entire error response I am receiving is:
Unable to connect to Hadoop cluster 'hdfs://192.168.195.130:8020/' with principal 'None': Invalid JAVA_HOME. Cannot find Java command under bin directory JAVA_HOME='C:\java\jdk1.6.0_31'..

What should I do to fix this error?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...