Getting Data In

DB Connect Rising Column Keeps inserting the latest row

gregbo
Communicator

I've set up some tables in DB Connect, using a timestamp (date_modified) as a rising column (there were no other suitable fields, and it's COTS, so the vendor isn't going to add a unique value).  The where column is "where date_modified > ?".

The issue is that each time the input is run, it creates a new event for the most recent row.  I would expect that to happen is the where clause said "where date_modified >= ?", but with it set as "where date_modified > ?", I would think it would just add no rows.

Has anyone else seen this?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gregbo
Communicator

I forgot to mention, I'm seeing this issue with tables that have a unique id as the rising column as well. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...