Getting Data In

Best way to get Symantec AV data - (reworking an old instance of Splunk)

mhuntington
Explorer

Hello,

I am new to Splunk and was recently given our organization's old Splunk project. Long story, but basically it's been sitting idle for about 6 years.

The first thing I want to do is gather information on our Symantec updates. When Splunk was originally installed consultants used a SQL Server Agent workaround, I guess they couldn't get Symantec to play nice at the time.

I was hoping someone could point me in a good direction for this. What is the best option for this, apps or something else? Is there an app for Symantec?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ryanoconnor
Builder

I've onboarded Symantec Endpoint Protection logs a number of times and this app is very great:

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2772/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...