Deployment Architecture

clustering not working

riqbal
Communicator

I have three indexers and one cluster master.

in index clustering, it is only showing two peer nodes.
the error message is "
Failed to add peer 'guid=Bxxxxx6D8-CF3B-4FD5-9B69-7C4AB84FB8D9 server name=indexer3 ip=1xx.1x.2x.19xx:8089' to the master. Error=Cannot register a peer with the master's guid."

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

riqbal
Communicator

I recreated the third indexer again. this time he joins master successfully.
thanks everyone

View solution in original post

0 Karma

riqbal
Communicator

thanks everyone

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

@riqbal,
happy you found a solution!
please accept your answer to close the question and up vote any comment you found helpful

0 Karma

riqbal
Communicator

can I accept anyone comments as correct answer.

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @riqbal

Is this issue related to your other question? Or are these completely different issues you're seeing?
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/657316/splunk-license-1.html

0 Karma

riqbal
Communicator

yes they are inter related to each other.

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

are you adding it from GUI or CLI?
try to remove all configurations under the [clustering] stanza in server.conf on the indexer, restart it and try again. also check connectivity between indexer and master and verify pass4symmkey is the same
hope it helps

0 Karma

riqbal
Communicator

below is the complete error message I am seeing

WARN CMSlave - Failed to register with cluster master reason: failed method=POST path=/services/cluster/master/peers/?output_mode=json master=1x2.xx.xx.19x:8089 rv=0 gotConnectionError=0 gotUnexpectedStatusCode=1 actual_response_code=500 expected_response_code=2xx status_line="Internal Server Error" socket_error="No error" remote_error=Cannot add peer=1x2.xx.xx.19x mgmtport=8089 (reason: Cannot register a peer with the master's guid). Make sure pass4SymmKey is matching if the peer is running well. [ event=addPeer status=retrying AddPeerRequest: { _id= active_bundle_id=2CF2DBDF0CBCC6D1BEA21EDA5C92CD7A add_type=Initial-Add base_generation_id=0 batch_serialno=1 batch_size=1 last_complete_generation_id=0 latest_bundle_id=2CF2DBDF0CBCC6D1BEA21EDA5C92CD7A mgmt_port=8089 name=BBDC46D8-CF3B-4FD5-9B69-7C4AB84FB8D9 register_forwarder_address= register_replication_address= register_search_address= replication_port=8080 replication_use_ssl=0 replications= server_name=xxr3 site=default splunk_version=7.1.0 splunkd_build_number=2e75b3406c5b status=Up } ].

================
I am using the trial version. hope it is not interfering.

0 Karma

riqbal
Communicator

thanks everyone

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...