Deployment Architecture

Why do I get error "No route to host" trying to access Splunk Web?

khagan
Path Finder

Hi all,

I've set up Splunk on a Linux VM, but when I try to access the web interface from other (Windows) machines on the network, I'm getting this error. It's unusual because the VM is accessible from these other locations in other ways: I can ping it, can use FTP, and traceroute returns a path with no issues, yet the Splunk Web URL still returns this error. What might be causing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi khagan,
did you verified if iptables is enabled or not on your Linux VM?, maybe it's enabled and blocks connections on 800 port.
Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi khagan,
did you verified if iptables is enabled or not on your Linux VM?, maybe it's enabled and blocks connections on 800 port.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

khagan
Path Finder

Dead on, I needed to explicitly allow port 8000 in the iptables.
Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...