Deployment Architecture

Replication Fector and Search Artifact

bhavin_crest
Explorer

Can some one pleace explain me the replation between Replication Fector and Search Artifact.

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Replication Factor refers to the number of copies of a "thing" Splunk will maintain. In indexer clusters, the "thing" is a bucket. In search head clusters, the "thing" is a search artifact.
A search artifact is what is produced by a search. It is the results of the search plus any other item such as a lookup file.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Replication Factor refers to the number of copies of a "thing" Splunk will maintain. In indexer clusters, the "thing" is a bucket. In search head clusters, the "thing" is a search artifact.
A search artifact is what is produced by a search. It is the results of the search plus any other item such as a lookup file.

---
0 Karma

bhavin_crest
Explorer

@richgalloway value of replication factor and search artifacts should be same or it can have different values.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is no value for search artifacts. Perhaps you mean "Search Factor"? If so, Search Factor is the number of searchable copies of a bucket an indexer cluster will maintain. Search Factor can be different from Replication Factor, but cannot be greater than it.

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...