Deployment Architecture

How do I fix "The following issues were found with submitted configuration ... Value supplied is illegal" when trying to add a new index?

jackal713
Path Finder

Hello splunkers,
I ran into this earlier and couldn't find a post on it. So, now that I fixed myself, I thought I would share.
Issue: When trying to add a new index I get the following error message.
The following issues were found with submitted configuration:
stanza=osnixperf parameter=frozenTimePeriodInSecs Value supplied='604800 #7 days' is illegal; default='188697600'
stanza=oswinperf parameter=frozenTimePeriodInSecs Value supplied='604800 #7 days' is illegal; default='188697600'

This is the result of a typo in the indexes.conf file for the "Org_all_indexes" custom app. File path for me was splunk\etc\apps\org_all_indexes\default\indexes.conf
For me it was on line 66 and line 93. The comment (#7 days) needs to be move to a new line.
After making the changes you will need to restart Splunk.
Note: This app does not have a local folder.

Hope that this will save others some time.
Happy Splunking

Tags (2)
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

self-answered in the question 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

self-answered in the question 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...