Deployment Architecture

How can I calculate size of WAN traffic between hosts?

karlbosanquet
Path Finder

I have a multisite Indexer Cluster and Search Head Cluster and I want to identify what is the volume of data being replicated/sent over the WAN between each host, what would be the best way to do this?

0 Karma
1 Solution

lycollicott
Motivator

I use this to track indexer replication traffic between my two sites:

index=_internal (host=indexer*) (destIp="10.xx.xx.xx" OR destIp="10.yy.yy.yy") sourcetype=splunkd destPort=9887 
| timechart span=15m avg(tcp_KBps)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lycollicott
Motivator

I use this to track indexer replication traffic between my two sites:

index=_internal (host=indexer*) (destIp="10.xx.xx.xx" OR destIp="10.yy.yy.yy") sourcetype=splunkd destPort=9887 
| timechart span=15m avg(tcp_KBps)
0 Karma

karlbosanquet
Path Finder

Is there a search that can be run to identify replicated data size and how often this happens? I need a volumetric profile of our WAN load.

0 Karma

rbal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Bulk of the data replication will be between indexer's and that will depend on the RF and SF and indexing rate

0 Karma

karlbosanquet
Path Finder

both are 2.

Indexer 1 = Site 1
Indexer 2 = Site 2
Search Head 1 = Site 1
Search Head 2 = Site 1
Search Head 3 = Site 2

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...