Deployment Architecture

How can I calculate log transfer traffic from a particular host?

aparkale

How to check event log size in MB of particular host in index?
calculate log transfer traffic from particular host to Splunk cloud.

0 Karma

aparkale

I have changed the index= host= but still it doesn't provide any output.

0 Karma

alemarzu
Motivator

Try like this,

index=_internal host="*" source=*license_usage.log type="Usage" | stats sum(b) as b by h | eval mb=round(b/1024/1024, 3)
0 Karma

aparkale

still doesn't work for me...

0 Karma

alemarzu
Motivator

The above query will show you a table for all your hosts (UF's), bytes and MBs for each one of them. This is working for me, please check what @esix said.

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Change the host="*" to the host="hostnameofinterest".. You need to make sure that the host is forwarding its logs to the indexer(s) and that your search head(s) are searching those indexers.

0 Karma

alemarzu
Motivator

Hi there @aparkale

Please try this search on your license master OR you can run it on your Search Head if you are forwarding internal logs to the Indexer.

index=_internal host=<HOSTNAME,IP> source=*license_usage.log type="Usage" | stats sum(b) as b by h | eval mb=round(b/1024/1024, 3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...