Dashboards & Visualizations

how to pass parameters to embedded reports using token which will be pass through Iframe embedded URL

mayurr98
Super Champion

I have a report which is scheduled and embedded.
my search query is index=_internal log_level="%log_level%" | stats count by log_level
log_level is my token here.
I have scheduled this query and embedded it by which I got Iframe URL.
Now how can I use this URL to pass token into my saved report as it doesn't have a field=value pair in URL?

stboch_umd
Explorer

This is not a feature Splunk supports. Scheduled reports do not support Tokens, and embedded reports can only be created from a scheduled report.
There is no support for any data to affect the outcome of the search. You might be best to grant access to splunk and use an iframe of a dashboard providing that access but removing the headers and footers.

Add this to the dashboard XML Or in the URL provided simple add hideChrome in the url arguments.

0 Karma

dmarling
Builder

Are you stating you have a iframe of a scheduled searches results on a Splunk dashboard or is this iframe in another non-Splunk page using an embedded url link to the saved report populating the data in the iframe? If it's a dashboard, can you copy/paste the xml from your dashboard into the question?

If this comment/answer was helpful, please up vote it. Thank you.
0 Karma

marycordova
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

can you post the url?

@marycordova
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...